Shanghai ICP for 05052044 Zip code: 200025 Tel：021-63846590
Address: Shanghai, China, South Chongqing Road no. 227
Copyright © 2013 Shanghai jiaotong university school of medicine
This key laboratory was established in 1995 by theMinistry of Health, China. Ihe main focuses of this key lab is toapply the theory and methods of molecular biology and modernembryology to the studies of regulation of gene expression atdifferent developmental stages in human and mammals, to carry outthe basic and applied researches on transgenic animals and stemcells, as well as to provide a scientific and technical supportsfor the prevention and treatment of genetic diseases. Recently, thekey lab established “human/goat xenograft chimerism” in which humancells exhibit long-term survival in goats. The work was publishedin PNAS and the achievement was assessed among the Top Ten NewsItems of Basic Science Research in China in 2006 and awarded theFirst Place of Natural Science Prize of Ministry of Education,China, in 2007.
24/1400 Beijing (W) Road, Shanghai 200040,P.R.China
1957-1962Department of Biology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
1962-1966 Institute of Genetics, Fudan University, Shanghai, China,Ph.D.
1. Genetherapy for thalassemia;
2. Transgenic farm animals/ mammary gland bioreactor;
3. Genetic regulation of eukaryotic genes.
1. Firstprize for achievements in medical science awarded by the Ministryof Health, People’s Republic of China, 1980,1984, 1987,1994
2. Prize for achievements in Science and Technology, StateCommission of Science and Technology, 1985, 1991, 1993, 1996,2000
3. Prize for important achievements in science and technologyawarded by the Shanghai Municipal Government 1980, 1983, 1986,1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001
4. Prize for achievements in Science and Technology, awarded by theHo leung Ho Lee Foundation, 2000
5. Honorary Citizen of the City of Plains, GA., USA.,1981
6. Honorary Citizen of the City of Americus, GA., USA.,1995
1. Yang XY,Zhao JG, Li HW, Li H, Liu HF, Huang SZ, Zeng YT. Improving in vitrodevelopment of cloned bovine embryos with hybrid (Holstein-ChineseYellow) recipient oocytes recovered by ovum pick up.Theriogenology, 64: 1263-1272, 2005
2. Yan Zhang, Shu-Zhen Huang, Shu Wang and Yi-Tao Zeng. Developmentof an HSV-tk transgenic mouse model for study of liver damage.European Journal of biochemistry, 272(9): 2207-2215, 2005
3. Shu-Yang Xie, Zhao-Rui Ren, Jing-Zhi Zhang, Xin-Bin Guo,Qing-Xue Wang, Shu Wang, Dan Lin, Xiu-Li Gong, Wei Li, Shu-ZhenHuang, Fanyi Zeng and Yi-Tao Zeng. Restoration of thebalanced/-globin gene expression in 654-thalassemia mice usingcombined RNAi and antisense RNA approach. Human Molecular Genetics,16(21): 2616-2625, 2007
4. Wei Li*, Shuyang Xie*, Xinbing Guo, Xiuli Gong, Shu Wang, DanLin, Jingzhi Zhang, Zhaorui Ren, Shuzhen Huang, Fanyi Zeng* andYitao Zeng*. A novel transgenic mouse model produced fromlentiviral germline integration for the study of -thalassemia genetherapy. Haematologica, 933: 356-362, 2008
5. Hai-Long Ou, Ying Huang, Li-Juan Qu, Miao Xu, Jing-Bin Yan,Zhao-Rui Ren, Shu-Zhen Huang and Yi-Tao Zeng. A C31integrase-mediated integration hotspot in favor of transgeneexpression exists in the bovine genome. FEBS Journal, 276: 155-163,2009