Shanghai ICP for 05052044 Zip code: 200025 Tel：021-63846590
Address: Shanghai, China, South Chongqing Road no. 227
Copyright © 2013 Shanghai jiaotong university school of medicine
Key Laboratory for Functional Genomics andDisease-Related Genomics, Ministry of Education, China (Lab forshort) was approved officially by Ministry of Education on August17, 2000 and has been open to the public since then. The researchorientation of the Lab centers on solving the key scientificproblems in life and medical sciences, and integrating the latestscientific achievements of genomics into the medical practice.During the development of the Lab, an abundance of innovativeachievements was made. In terms of the research on leukemia-relatedgenomics, with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) as the model, theresearchers of the Lab systematically and profoundly elucidated thecritical role of the fusion genes resulted from chromosomaltranslocation and their protein products in the pathogenesis ofAPL. In addition, they successfully applied differentiation andapoptosis induction therapy to treat APL with all-trans retinoicacid and arsenic trioxide. During 2001-April 2009, the Lab hadaltogether 125 papers published on the core journals, such asScience, Nature Genetics, PNAS, Blood, Oncogene and Leukemia.Furthermore, the Lab has formed wide collaboration with scientificorganizations in many countries and regions such as USA, UK,France, Japan and Hong Kong.
The Lab has a strong and high-level research team which includes amember of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2 members of Chinese Academyof Engineering, 7 winners of National Distinguished Young ScholarsAward of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 3 speciallyengaged professors of “Cheung Kong Scholars Program” of NationalMinistry of Education.
197 Rui-Jin Er Road， Shanghai 200025,China
1975-1977: Undergraduate study in Shangrao MedicalSchool, Jiangxi, China.
1977-1978: Teaching assistant, Shangrao Medical School, Jiangxi,China.
1978-1981: Graduate study in Shanghai Second Medical University(SSMU), Shanghai, China.
1981-1984: Intern, Department of Medicine, Shanghai Rui-JinHospital, Shanghai Second Medical University (SSMU), Shanghai,China.
1984-1985: "Interne étranger des Hôpitaux de Paris", LaboratoireCentral d'Hématologie, Hôpital Saint-Louis, Paris,France.
1985-1989: Ph.D study in Hôpital Saint-Louis, Université Paris VII,Paris, France.
January-July 1989: Postdoctorial study in Hopital Saint-Louis,Université Paris VII, Paris, France.
1) Leukemiasystems biology
2) Mechanisms of Target Therapy of Leukemia
Major Awardsand Honors:
1996: HLHL Award for Science and Technology, China
1997: Doctor Honoris Causa, University of Genova, Italy, approvedby the Italian Ministry of Education
1997: Prix de l’Oise, La Ligue Nationale contre le Cancer,France
1998: “Qiu-Shi” Award for Outstanding Young Scientist,China
1999: Cheung Kong Scholars Achievement Award from the NationalMinistry of Education, China
2002: Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur,France
2004: Second Prize of National Natural Science Award,China
2005: Doctor of Science honoris causa, The University of HongKong
2005: Docteur Honoris Causa, l’Université Paris 7, France
2006: Prix INSERM Etranger, Institut National de la Santé et de laRecherche Médicale (INSERM), France
1. Zhang SJ,Ma LY, Huang QH, Li G, Gu BW, Gao XD, Shi JX, Wang YY, Gao L, CaiX, Ren RB, Zhu J, Chen Z, Chen SJ. Gain-of-function mutation ofGATA-2 in acute myeloid transformation of chronic myeloid leukemia.Proc Natl Acid Sci USA 2008;105:2076-2081.
2. Wang L, Zhou GB, Liu P, Song JH, Liang Y, Yang XJ, Xu F, WangBS, Mao JH, Shen ZY, Chen SJ, Chen Z. Dissection of mechanisms ofChinese medicinal formula Realgar-Indigo naturalis as an effectivetreatment for promyelocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acid Sci USA 2008;105: 4826-4831.
3. Wang ZY, Chen Z. Acute promyelocytic leukemia: from highly fatalto highly curable. Blood 2008; 111:2505-2515.
4. Hu J, Liu YF, Wu CF, Xu F, Shi ZX, Zhu YM, Li JM, Tang W, ZhaoWL, Wu W, Sun HP, Chen QS, Chen B, Zhou GB, Zelent A, Waxman S,Wang ZY, Chen SJ, Chen Z. Long-term efficacy and safety ofall-trans retinoic acid/arsenic trioxide based therapy in newlydiagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA2009;106: 3342-3347..
5. Zhang QY, Mao JH, Liu P, Huang QH, Lu J, Xie YY, Weng L, ZhangY, Chen Q, Chen SJ, Chen Z. A systems biology understanding of thesynergistic effects of arsenic sulfide and Imatinib in BCR/ABLassociated leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2009; 106:3378-3383.