Shanghai ICP for 05052044 Zip code: 200025 Tel：021-63846590
Address: Shanghai, China, South Chongqing Road no. 227
Copyright © 2013 Shanghai jiaotong university school of medicine
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Children's EnvironmentalHealth is one of the key labs which were approved by Science andTechnology Commission of Shanghai Municipality in January, 2005. Itis the first municipality key lab of Xinhua Hospital as well as theonly key lab that focuses on children's environmental health inChina. It has established five scientific research platforms,including clinical epidemiology, learning & memory and brainfunction test, environmental chemical pollutants and elementsanalysis, molecular neuroscience and animal model establishment.Considering research interesting, academic goal and researchemphasis, it formed three research branches: effects of physical&chemical environment on children's health, effects ofsocial-economic environment on children's health, and cumulativeeffects of heredity and environment on children’s health. And wehave made brilliant achievements in children's environmenthealth science research. Overthe past four years, our lab adopted principal investigator (PI)responsibility system, and this scientific management mode advancedour management to a higher standard. By taking such measurements asintroducing domestic and overseas experts to join in our researchteam, sending our researchers to further study in advanced lab, ourlab has built up a strong research team if crossed multi-disciplinewith high-efficiency and rational professional structure. Untilnow, our lab has 20 researchers, including 9 professors and 7associate professors. After three years’construction and development, we have made outstanding achievementwith 25 on-going scientific research projects and total funds about13.5 million RMB, including 16 newly set up program with totalfunds about 6.88 million RMB:5 projects granted by National NaturalScience FUND, 1 projects granted by Shanghai National NaturalScience Fund,1 projects granted by Science and TechnologyCommission of Shanghai Municipality, 1 project of transverse study,2 projects of international cooperation study.About 80 scientificarticles were published in domestic and international cooperationacademic journals, of which 58 papers have been indexed by SCI.Besides, we have edited 4 monographs.
1665 Kong Jiang Road, Shanghai 200092,China
B.M.(Pediatr)9/79-7/84 Wenzhou Medical College
Postgraduate M.M(Pediatr) 9/84-7/87 Wenzhou MedicalCollege
D.M.(Pediatr) 3/88-1/91Shanghai 2nd Medical Univ.
1. effects ofphysical &chemical environment on children's health;2.effectsof social-economic environment on children's health;3. andcumulative effects of heredity and environment on children'shealth.
1) The 3rdAdvancement Award of Science and Technology in 1998 for “Effect ofPrenatal Lead Exposure on Infant Development: A Longitudinal Studyin Shanghai”, awarded by Ministry of Education.
2) The 2nd Advancement Award of Science and Technology in 1999 for“Childhood Lead Poisoning Research In China”, awarded by Ministryof Health.
3) The 2nd Advancement Award of Science and Technology in 2000 for“Childhood Lead Poisoning Research in China”, awarded by the StateCouncil
4) The 1st Advancement Award of Science and Technology in Shanghaiin 2004 for "Intervening Congenital Hearing Impairment Infants inShanghai and the Effect Study of Hearing Screening on 130,000Newborns", awarded by Science and Technology Commission of ShanghaiMunicipality
5) The 3rd Advancement Award of Science and Technology in Shanghaiin 2005 for "Screening of Childhood lead poisoning", awarded byScience and Technology Commission of ShanghaiMunicipality
6) The 1st National Pediatrics Award from Soong Ching LingFoundation in 2006 for "the Impact of Lead on Children's Growth andDevelopment and the Intervening Methods".
7) The 2nd Advancement Award of Science and Technology in 2006 for“Newborn Hearing Screening”, awarded by the StateCouncil
1. Shen XM,et al. Recent advance in research on newborn respiratory distresssyndrome. The Journal of Applied Clinical Pediatrics1988;3:188
2. Shen XM, et al. Study on pulmonary function test of prematureinfants. The Journal of Neonatology 1989;4:30
3. Shen XM, et al. Study on relationship between pulmonary capacity of ventilation and body posture ofneonates. The Journal of Clinical Pediatrics.1988;6:141
4. Shen XM. Fetal breathing movement. Zhejiang Medical Journal1987;9:19
5. Shen XM. Recent advance in research on respiratory mechanism ofnewborn infants. The Journal of Neonatology 1987;2:39