Shanghai ICP for 05052044 Zip code: 200025 Tel：021-63846590
Address: Shanghai, China, South Chongqing Road no. 227
Copyright © 2013 Shanghai jiaotong university school of medicine
Shanghai Institute of Hematology (the Institute for shorthereinafter) was founded in April of 1987. The present director isProf. Sai-Juan Chen, member of Chinese Academy of Engineering. TheInstitute consists of 3 basic research departments which owns astrong and high-level research team which includes a member ofChinese Academy of Sciences, 2 members of Chinese Academy ofEngineering, 7 winners of National Distinguished Young ScholarsAward by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2 speciallyengaged professors of “Cheung Kong Scholars Program” by NationalMinistry of Education, and 2 winners of “Hundred- Talent Program”by Chinese Academy of Sciences, as well as 9 subordinate clinicaldepartments. The research orientation of the Institute centers onsolving the key scientific problems in life and medical sciences,and integrating the latest scientific achievements of genomics intothe medical practice. Over the past 5 years, a series oftechnological platforms of genomics including large-scale genomicsequencing and genotyping, DNA mutation detection, biochips fortranome and proteome analysis, large-scale transgenics andknockout model organisms and bioinformatics were implemented.During the past several years, Shanghai Institute of Hematology hasmade an abundance of innovative achievements in the studies ofpathogenesis and gene product-targeting therapy of leukemia andsystems biological study of hematological malignancies. During thepast 20 years, the Institute had more than 300 papers published onthe core journals, including first-class journals of the world,such as Blood, PNAS, J Exp Med, JCI, Am J Hum Genet, Oncogene andLeukemia, with a citation rate as high as 14642. The Institute hasformed wide collaboration with scientific organizations in manycountries and regions such as USA, UK, France, Japan and HongKong.
197 Rui-Jin Er Road, Shanghai 200025,China
April1972-October 1975: Study for Bachelor of Medicine, Shanghai SecondMedical University (SSMU)
September 1978-February 1982: Study for Master of Medical Sciences,SSMU
January 1986-January 1989: Study for Docteur en Science,Saint-Louis Hospital, University Paris VII. Paris, France
1) Pathogenesis of leukemia
2) Translational study of target therapy ofleukemia
1994: FirstPrize, Science and Technology Progress Award, ShanghaiMunicipality
1994: Shanghai Municipal "Peony Award" for Distinguished YoungScientist
1995: First Prize, Science and Technology Progress Award, StateCommission of Education 1995: Second Prize, Science and TechnologyProgress Award (second author), Ministry of Science andTechnology
1995: Outstanding Young Scientists Award, National Natural SciencesFoundation of China
1996: National Award for Outstanding Young and Middle AgedExperts
1996: Award for Distinguished Individual, Ministry of PublicHealth
1996: Award for Outstanding Woman, Shanghai WomenFederation
1997: Award for Elite of Science and Technology ofShanghai
1997: Award for Outstanding Woman, National Women Federation ofChina
1997: First Prize, Science and Technology Progress Award, ShanghaiMunicipality
1997: Outstanding Young Scholars Award, Qiu Shi Science andTechnology Foundation, Hong Kong
1997: Shanghai Model Worker
2000: Nomination for L’ORÉAL-UNESCO Awards
2000: National Model Worker, State Council of China
2000: DuPont Innovation Award
2001: Top Ten Outstanding Women Workers of China
2001: Science and Technology Progress Award, He Liang He LiFoundation
2001: Second Prize, National Natural Science Award, State Councilof China
2004: Award for Outstanding Woman, Women Federation ofChina
2005: Top Ten Women Elite, National Women Federation ofChina
2005: Award for Outstanding Woman, Women Federation ofShanghai
2005: National Model Worker, State Council of China
2007: Award for Outstanding Teacher of Shanghai
2008: Award for Honor in Medicine of Shanghai
1. Zhang SJ,Ma LY, Huang QH, Li G, Gu BW, Gao XD, Shi JX, Wang YY, Gao L, CaiX, Ren RB, Zhu J, Chen Z, Chen SJ. Gain-of-function mutation ofGATA-2 in acute myeloid transformation of chronic myeloid leukemia.PNAS 2008;105:2076-2081。
2. Wang L, Zhou GB, Liu P, Song JH, Liang Y, Yang XJ, Xu F, WangBS, Mao JH, Shen ZY, Chen SJ, Chen Z. Dissection of mechanisms ofChinese medicinal formula Realgar-Indigo naturalis as an effectivetreatment for promyelocytic leukemia. PNAS 2008; 105:4826-4831.
3. Zhao WL, Liu YY, Zhang QL, Wang L, Leboeuf C, Zhang YW, Ma J,Garcia JF, Song YP, Li JM, Shen ZX, Chen Z, Janin A, Chen SJ.PRDM1/BLIMP-1 is involved in chemoresistance of T-cell lymphoma anddown-regulated by the proteasome inhibitor. Blood 2008.111:3867-3871.
4. Hu J, Liu YF, Wu CF, Xu F, Shi ZX, Zhu YM, Li JM, Tang W, ZhaoWL, Wu W, Sun HP, Chen QS, Chen B, Zhou GB, Zelent A, Waxman S,Wang ZY, Chen SJ, Chen Z. Long-term efficacy and safety ofall-trans retinoic acid/arsenic trioxide based therapy in newlydiagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA2009;106: 3342-3347.
5. Zhang QY, Mao JH, Liu P, Huang QH, Lu J, Xie YY, Weng L, ZhangY, Chen Q, Chen SJ, Chen Z. A systems biology understanding of thesynergistic effects of arsenic sulfide and Imatinib in BCR/ABLassociated leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2009;106:3378-3383.