Shanghai ICP for 05052044 Zip code: 200025 Tel：021-63846590
Address: Shanghai, China, South Chongqing Road no. 227
Copyright © 2013 Shanghai jiaotong university school of medicine
ShanghaiInstitute of Rheumatology, ratified by Shanghai municipal bureau ofhealth, was founded in May 2000. Professor Chen Shunle, professorof medicine, Shanghai Renji hospital, was the first director of theinstitute.
As one of the functional unit of Rheumatology core discipline,leading medical specialty of Shanghai municipal bureau of health,this institute comprises Clinical Research Unit, Molecular GeneticLaboratory , Autoantigen & Autoantibody Laboratory,Autoimmunity Research Unit, Cellular Immunology Laboratory,Pathology Laboratory, Clinical Pharmacology Research Unit, SerumExchange and Quality Control Unit and Patients Data &Information Unit. There are more thirty people working in theinstitute nowadays, including 20 faculty (4 professors, 4 associateprofessors, 7 attending doctors and 5 residents), 6 technicians anda number of postgraduate students for Master or Ph.Ddegrees.
Shanghai Institute of Rheumatology endeavors to the comprehensiveunderstandings and developments of rheumatic diseases, andespecially focuses on the in-depth study of systemic lupuserythematosus---its pathogenesis, early diagnosis and noveltherapeutic approach , aiming at making innovative breakthrough inthe study of this prototypic autoimmune disease to better serve thepatient population and make substantial contribution to thedevelopment of medical science.
There have been altogether 247 papers published in the unit since1997, 36 papers out of them were enrolled by SCI with 72.549 IFscores. The total research funding was 38,605,000 Yuan in RMB,including 15 items of funding from national nature sciencefoundation, 3 from “863 project” and several internationalcollaboration projects.
Professor of Medicine
Master of Medical Science, 1991 Majorin Clinical Immunology,
Shanghai Second Medical University, China
Bachelor of Medicine 1988 Shanghai Second MedicalUniversity, China
(1)Mappinglupus susceptibility loci and to identify functional geneticvariations that contribute to lupus phonotype
(2) MicroRNAsand lupus autoimmunity
(3) Molecularmechanism of Type I interferon pathway activation in lupus (4) Roleof the IFN-α targeted gene in lupus autoimmunity
(5)Delineating the key steps involved in the molecular pathogenesis oflupus major target organ damage
(6)Development of novel biomarkers in systemic Inflammatory RheumaticDiseases (mainly focus on lupus and rheumatoid arthritis) allowimproved diagnosis, staging, and risk assessment.
(7) stem celland lupus
1994.12,"Outstanding Young Doctor Award ", Renji hospital
1995.9, "Outstanding Teacher Award ", Shanghai Second MedicalUniversity
1995.10, "Shi Si-Ming Award for outstanding young researcher ", ShiSi-Ming Foundation of Shanghai, Chinese MedicalAssociation
1997.10, "Outstanding Young Teacher Award", Shanghai EducationBureau
1999.4, "Silver Snake Award " for distinguished physician, ShanghaiHealth Bureau
1999.9, The Young Faculty Award, Shanghai Second MedicalUniversity
2000.4, Science and Technology Progress Award, Grade II, ShanghaiHealth Bureau
2003.1, Shanghai Medical Science Award, Grade II
2003.11, Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award, GradeIII
2005, Shanghai Science and Technology Progress Award, GradeI
2005, China Medicine Award, Grade II
2008 Aducation ministry of People’s republic of China Science andTechnology Progress Award, Grade I
1. Tsao BP, Cantor RM,Grossman JM, Shen N, Teophilov NT, Wallace DJ, Arnett FC, HartungK, Goldstein R, Kalunian KC, Hahn BH, Rotter JI. PARP alleleswithin the linked chromosomal region are associated with systemiclupus erythematosus. J Clin Invest. 1999;103(8):1135-40.
2. Shen N, Chen S, Yang H, Fan L. Mixed connectivetissue disease: a disease entity? Chin Med J (Engl).1998;111(3):214-7.
3. Yang CD, Chen SL, Shen N, Qi M, Xu F. Detection ofanti-recombinant beta 2-glycoprotein 1 and anti-recombinantbeta 2-glycoprotein 1 fifth-domain antibodies in sera from patientswith systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatol Int.1998;18(1):5-10.
4. Yang CD, Chen SL, Shen N ,The Fifth Domain of β2-Glycorprotein 1Contain Antigenic Epitopes Recognized by Anticardiolipin AntibodiesDerived From Patients With The Antipholipid Syndrome. APLAR Journalof Rheumatology. 1997;1(1)96-100 .
5. Tsao BP, Cantor RM, Kalunian KC, Chen CJ, Badsha H, Singh R,Wallace DJ, Kitridou RC, Chen SL, Shen N, Song YW, Isenberg DA, YuCL, Hahn BH, Rotter JI. Evidence for linkage of a candidatechromosome 1 region to human systemic lupus erythematosus. J ClinInvest. 1997 ;99(4):725-31.